For processing of personal data in connection with reporting of claims and complaints about rejected claims.
We process data about you when you report your claim. Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation stipulates that we must give you specific information when we receive data about you.
The information that we must give you is:
- We are the data controller – how can you contact us?
- The objects and the applicable law for the processing of your personal data
- Categories of personal data
- Recipients or categories of recipients
- Transfers to recipients in third countries
- The origin of the data
- Storage of your personal data
- Your rights
- Complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency
1. We are the data controller – how can you contact us?
Qudos Insurance A/S in bankruptcy is the data controller of the processing of the personal data that we have received about you. You can find our contact details below:
Qudos Insurance A/S in bankruptcy
Represented by trustee Boris Frederiksen, Law Firm Poul Schmith
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
CVR no: 33956967
2. The objects and the applicable law for the processing of your personal data
We process your personal data when we process your claim. The applicable law for the processing of your personal data is Article 6(1)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation in respect of ordinary and confidential personal data as our processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
The processing of your Civil Registration Number (CPR-nr.) is authorised by section 11(2), para (4), of the Data Protection Act, cf section 7(1) of the Danish Protection Act, cf Article 9(2)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you submit sensitive personal data through our reporting portal, the data will be processed under the authority of Articles 6(1)(c) and 9(2)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation, cf section 7 of the Danish Protection Act.
3. Categories of personal data
We process the following general and confidential personal data about you when you report your claim or complaint about a rejected claim through our reporting portal. The data that we process about you are:
- Telephone no
- Civil Registration no
- Policy no
- Claim no
- Information about the claim
- Payment information. We also process the personal data that you should give us in your report or in any uploaded documents through the reporting portal
4. Recipients or categories of recipients
We disclose or give your personal data to the following recipients:
- The Danish Guarantee Fund for Non-life Insurers (Garantifonden for skadesforsikringsselskaber)
- Other national guarantee funds ( if any)
5. Transfers to recipients in third countries
We do not transfer your personal data to any recipients in third countries, ie countries outside the EU and the EEA.
6. The origin of the data
Your data are collected through our reporting portal when you report your claim or lodge your complaint. We only process the data that you give when you report your claim.
7. Storage of your personal data
We keep your personal data for ten years after the estate administration has ended.
8. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of rights in connection with our processing of the data about you. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
- The right to access data (right of access)
You are entitled to access the data that we process about you as well as other information.
- Right to rectification
You have a right to have any incorrect personal data rectified.
- Right to deletion
In certain situations you are entitled to have data about you deleted before the date of our general date of deletion.
- Right to restrict processing
You have a right to have your personal data restricted in certain situations. If you have a right to restrict the processing, we may only process the data in future, with the exception of storage, with your consent or for the purpose of determining, raising or defending legal claims, or protecting a person or important public interests.
- Right to objection
You have a right to object to our processing or the legal processing of your personal data in certain situations.
- Right to transmit data (data portability)
You have a right in certain situations to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to have such personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the guidelines of the Danish Data Protection Agency about the data subject’s rights that can be found at datatilsynet.dk.
9. Complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency
You are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are dissatisfied with the way in which we are processing your personal data. You can find the contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency at www.datatilsynet.dk.
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.